How to Ruin an Interview
Based on your resume and usually a telephone interview you just might be lucky enough to meet your potential employer. You've put a lot of hard work into the process so far, so don't lose your big opportunity to impress in person.
The following are sure ways to mess up on your interview:
• Arrive late
• Do not know the name of the person you are meeting with.
• Dress casually
• Chew gum.
• Avoid direct eye contact and fidget throughout the interview.
• Do not prepare:
- don’t bother to research the company
- have no questions to ask the interviewer
- don’t consider your answers in advance - just wing it on the day
If you are guilty of any of these interview faux pas you are doing yourself a disservice and wasting both your own and the interviewer’s time.